The objects of the Foundation are to:
- Preserve and record the cultural heritage including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural heritage.
- Promote greater community awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural practices.
- Promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art and craft, their artists and craftspeople.
- Research and publish art and craft books, articles and other writings.
- Support cultural materials' research and conservation.
- Run seminars, exhibitions and educational events for the community including those relating to indigenous peoples.
- Promote a greater understanding between the creative arts' sector and the wider community.
- Support the scholarly investigation of art practice in Australia for both indigenous and non-indigenous artists.
- Provide travel and other assistance to people who are engaged directly or indirectly in art activities for the ultimate benefit of the art community.
- Assist with the conservation, transportation and curating of art.
- Sponsor and encourage artists by means of art prizes and exhibitions.
The Trustee for the Foundation is Mossenson Art Foundation Ltd ACN 144819296.
The Foundation is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission as a charity, with deductible gift recipient status.